Ham & Rigatoni Casserole
This pasta casserole uses cubed leftover ham and can be prepared the day before serving.
- 1 1/2 cups ham, diced (use leftovers)
- 8 oz rigatoni, (or other short tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 2 1/2 oz package white sauce mix, or country-gravy mix
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, (optional)
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions; set aside.
- Prepare white sauce or country gravy mix; stir in ham, cheese, mustard, spinach and hot pepper sauce. Pour over pasta, toss gently to blend well. Pour into shallow 2-quart casserole; cover and bake in 350 F. oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Cooking Tip: Do-Ahead Tip: Prepare casserole; cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Add 10 minutes to initial baking time.
Calories from Fat 100 (27%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.