Healthy Greek Salad Recipe
A few fun twists increase the nutritional value and decrease the fat content of this Mediterranean classic.
- 2 5 oz bags of mixed greens
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin slices or diced (depending on what you prefer)
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into thin slices and halved
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup Sliced toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese crumbles
- In a large salad bowl, put the two bags of mixed greens in as a base for the salad. Top with the rest of the veggies: tomatoes, cucumbers, red pepper, red onion. Then top with the cheese, cranberries and almonds in that order. Serve and enjoy!
Calories from Fat 38 (33%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.