Heartland Lamb Stew
Brush off the winter blahs and delight in a bowl of this lamb stew.
- 1 lb lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs granulated sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 med onions, quartered
- 1 can tomatoes, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp rosemary, crushed
- 1 small bay leaf, crushed
- 1/4 tsp cloves, ground
- 2 cups water
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3 carrots, thickly sliced
- 6 medium turnips, quartered
- 1 10 oz package, frozen green beans
- In ovenproof pan with cover, brown lamb cubes in oil. Drain drippings.
- In small bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle over lamb; stir well.
- Stir in onion, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, bay leaf, cloves, and water.
- Cover; bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and turnips.
- Bake covered another 30 minutes.
- Add green beans and bake 30 minutes longer, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Calories from Fat 87 (37%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.