Herbed Greek Loin Chops with Feta Salad
Awaken your senses with the lively flavors of Kalamata olives, feta, and mint leaves in this Greek-inspired lamb salad.
- 12 lamb loin chops
- 1- 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves, fresh, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 cup teardrop or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cucumbers, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs mint leaves, torn or rough chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 heads boston bibb, romaine or red leaf lettuce, separated into leaves
- For the Lamb In a large bowl, mix olive oil, parsley, rosemary, oregano, garlic and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add loin chops; toss to coat liberally. Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Grill lamb loin chops 2 to 3 minutes per side until medium-rare.
- For the Salad Mix together feta cheese, tomatoes, olives, onion, cucumbers, mint, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- To serve: Garnish lamb with feta salad atop leaf cups.
Calories from Fat 314 (74%)
(55%)Total Fat 36g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.