Herbed Pork and Corn Salad
Leftover roasted pork goes into this quick, easy summer salad. Vary the taste by experimenting with different fresh herbs.
- 1 lb cooked pork loin roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 12 oz bags frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbs fresh herbs, minced
- leaf lettuce
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- For vinaigrette, stir together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; blend thoroughly. In small saucepan, bring remaining 3/4 cup water to boil; stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir to thicken. Remove from heat, cool completely and stir in remaining vinaigrette ingredients. Store in refrigerator if made ahead.
- For salad, gently toss together pork, corn, tomatoes and herbs in large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over, toss gently. Serve on leaf lettuce.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Substitution Tip: During peak corn season, replace the frozen corn with fresh corn taken off the cob.
Cooking Tip: Try various combinations of herbs like fresh parsley, thyme and basil. Or your family's favorite combination of fresh herbs.
Calories from Fat 78 (27%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.