Hoisin-Flavored Mushrooms and Shrimp
Tangy Hoisin sauce adds depth of flavor to this Asian-inspired pasta dish.
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 Tbs minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/3 cups orzo uncooked
- 2 cans (13 3/4 ounces each) ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- ground red pepper, pinch
- 12 oz shrimp (cleaned & deveined), cooked
- 1/2 cup green onions (scallions) cut in 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan heat oil until hot; add mushrooms, ginger and garlic. Cook until mushrooms release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir in pasta, chicken broth, Hoisin sauce and red pepper; bring to a boil. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until orzo is firm-tender (al dente) and some liquid remains, about 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp and green onions; cook until shrimp are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Calories from Fat 93 (19%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 69g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.