Holiday Lamb Pie
This lamb pie will enhance any holiday.
- 1 box pie crust (2 crusts, 15 oz total)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, well drained
- 1 1/2 lbs. cooked lamb, cut into1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tbs water
- Remove pie crusts from box following package directions.
- Unfold crust; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour.
- Place floured side down on 9-inch pie plate.
- In small skillet, melt butter and cook onion for 4 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook 2 minutes, let cool.
- Spread spinach mixture on pie crust.
- In large bowl, stir together lamb, ketchup, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Spoon lamb mixture over spinach.
- In small bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, egg, and allspice; spread over lamb.
- Brush pastry edge with egg wash.
- Top with remaining pie crust.
- Crimp together edges of dough to seal.
- Brush with egg and water wash.
- Make slits in top.
- Bake at 375║F for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
Calories from Fat 419 (55%)
(71%)Total Fat 46g
(89%)Saturated Fat 18g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 21g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.