Honey-Glazed Lamb and Fruit Kabobs
Every fruit lover will enjoy this tasty and healthy fruit kabob.
- 1 1/2 lbs lamb, boneless leg or shoulder, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbs oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 pear or apple wedges
- 12 pineapple wedges (with peel)
- 12 orange wedges (with peel)
- 12 banana chunks (with peel)
- 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Arrange lamb cubes in a shallow, glass baking dish.
- In small bowl, thoroughly blend honey, wine or broth, oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of glaze for basting.
- Pour over lamb.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove lamb from marinade and discard marinade.
- On skewers, alternate lamb, pear or apple, pineapple, orange wedges, and banana chunks.
- Broil kabobs 4 to 5 inches from heat source for 13 to 16 minutes, brushing frequently with glaze, and turning to brown evenly.
Calories from Fat 58 (21%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.