Hoppin' Habanero and Honey Pork Chops
At your next tailgate, kick it up a notch with these tasty chops that are prepped in a distinctive beer and pepper sauce.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 12 oz can beer
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs hot habanero pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- For marinade, in a small saucepan combine beer, honey, pepper sauce, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf. Place chops in a 1-gallon self-sealing plastic bag; pour marinade over chops, seal bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain chops, discarding marinade. Place chops on a kettle-style grill directly over medium-hot coals, lower grill hood and grill chops for 4-6 minutes. Turn chops and grill for 4-6 minutes more or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 F.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Cooking Tip: Chops are best prepared by grilling directly over the coals.
Calories from Fat 55 (24%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.