Indian-Style Scrambled Eggs
Serve with warm Indian flat bread or whole wheat tortillas.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small tomato, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp minced jalapeno OR serrano pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion, ginger and cumin; stir-fry until onion is just softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomato and jalapeno pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- Beat eggs, cilantro and salt in medium bowl until blended. Pour over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
Calories from Fat 44 (52%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.