Individual Tomato Florentine Stratas
This versatile dish can also be made as a one-dish strata.
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach (about 4 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat bread cubes (1-inch) (about 2 slices)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 oz.)
- Heat oven to 350F. Place 1/2 cup spinach in each of four greased 10-ounce custard cups. Top with bread, dividing evenly. Toss tomato with Italian seasoning; spoon evenly over bread.
- Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Slowly pour scant 1/2 cup egg mixture over tomato in each cup. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place cups in baking pan. Bake in center of 350F oven until custards are puffed and begin to pull away from sides of cups and knife inserted near centers comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Calories from Fat 93 (26%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.