Island Lamb Teriyaki Sticks
Water chestnuts contribute crunchy contrast to these sweet and savory lamb skewers.
- 2 pounds boneless American Lamb leg or shoulder, cut into strips, 1-inch wide, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 water chestnuts
- 24 pineapple chunks
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Place strips of lamb in shallow dish.
- In bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, vinegar, garlic, sesame seeds, ginger and salt; reserve 1/4 cup marinade for basting. Pour remaining marinade over lamb. Cover and refrigerate meat for 4 to 12 hours, turning occasionally.
- To assemble teriyaki sticks, remove meat from marinade and discard marinade. Thread lamb strips on bamboo skewers accordion-fashion alternately with water chestnuts, pineapple chunks and cherry tomatoes.
- Grill over medium-hot coals. Cook 4 inches above coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, brushing occasionally with marinade. Turn teriyaki sticks frequently during cooking time. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 265 (57%)
(46%)Total Fat 30g
(50%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.