Italian Bruschetta with an Eggscellent Twist
Topping this classic appetizer with hard-cooked eggs adds new flavors and extra protein.
- 6 1-inch thick Italian bread slices
- 1 1/2 cup tomato bruschetta, drained (a spread of tomatoes, basil and garlic)
- 6 hard-cooked, sliced eggs or fried eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh snipped basil.
- Place bread slices on baking sheet; top with 1-2 tablespoons of Italian blend cheese and heat in a 450F oven for 3-5 minutes to melt cheese. Remove bread from oven, and place 2-3 tablespoons bruschetta mixture on each bread slice.
- Top with a hard-cooked egg slices, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Return to oven for an additional 2-3 minutes to melt cheese. Sprinkle with basil, and serve immediately.
Substitution Tip: You may used red pepper or sun-dried tomato bruschetta in place of traditional tomato bruschetta.
Calories from Fat 48 (16%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(25%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.