Italian Veal & Pepper Stew
This simple veal stew makes a hearty weeknight meal. Serve over aromatic basmati rice.
- 1- 1/2 lbs veal for stew, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Lightly coat veal with flour mixture; reserve remaining flour. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown veal, 1/2 at a time; remove from Dutch oven.
- Stir tomatoes, broth, garlic and reserved flour mixture into Dutch oven. Add veal; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add bell peppers; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until veal is fork-tender. Serve over hot cooked rice, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association
Calories from Fat 105 (29%)
(18%)Total Fat 12g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.