Jamaican Pork Roast with Caramelized Onion and Fruit
Get your fiber and your protein in one bite--tropical fruits accompanies a juicy pork tenderloin.
- 2 medium onions
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 cup mango, papaya, or peach, cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Peel and trim onions; cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rings.
- Combine apricot jam, soy sauce, and lime juice to make glaze; set aside.
- Grill onion slices and pork tenderloin over medium, ash-covered coals.
- After 10 minutes, brush the pork and onions with glaze and turn as needed for even cooking. Pork is done when the internal temperature of the meat is 160?F when tested with thermometer.
- Transfer grilled onions to a bowl, separating into rings; add fruit and cilantro. Slice pork with knife blade at a diagonal slant and overlap meat slices onto a serving platter.
- Accompany with onions, fruit mixture, and lime wedges.
Calories from Fat 53 (19%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.