King Crab and Cantaloupe Margarita
Tequila and salted rims bring a festive feel to these quick seafood appetizers.
- 1 8 oz container king crab meat, segment into desired sized pieces
- 1 tsp grated lime zest (1 whole lime)
- 1 Tbs fresh squeezed lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 Tbs jalapeno jelly
- 1 Tbs orange juice
- 1 Tbs Tequila
- 1 cup 1/2" peeled and diced ripe cantaloupe melon
- Lime juice, as needed, to "rim" margarita glasses
- 1 tsp kosher salt and 2 tbsp. sanding sugar mixed together to "rim" glasses
- Shredded iceberg lettuce to line bottom of 4 margarita glasses
- Lime wedges, garnish
- In small mixing bowl whisk together lime zest, lime juice, jelly, orange juice, and Tequila. Fold in melon and crab meat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to blend flavors before serving.
- To serve: "Rim" each glass with lime juice. Dip in sugar/salt mixture to coat. Place about 2-4 Tbsp. shredded lettuce in the bottom of each glass. Mound marinated crab and melon mixture on top. Garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 507 (14%)
(86%)Total Fat 56g
(24%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 19g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.