Lamb and White Bean Stew
A hearty Tuscan style bean stew. Serve with a tossed salad and crusty bread.
- 1 lb lamb stew meat, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3 cups cannned white beans, drained (two 15-ounce cans)
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, (one 15-ounce can)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven. Add lamb and brown over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, green pepper, and rosemary and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add beans, canned tomatoes and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add pepper and vinegar and cook for 5 more minutes.
Calories from Fat 40 (16%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(28%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.