Lamb Chops with Fig and Port Sauce
This lamb and fig dish will bring love to every port.
- 4 lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin, or shoulder)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 med shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ruby red port
- 3 Tbs fig preserves
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp anise seed
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup orange or clementine segments
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat, cook shallots and garlic for 2 minutes in butter until softened.
- Stir in port and fig preserves; cook another 2 minutes until liquid is reduced by 1/3.
- Add stock and anise; bring to a simmer.
- Thicken sauce by mixing 1 Tbs cornstarch with 2 Tbs water and whisking into simmering mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops. For 1-inch chops, broil, grill, or pan fry chops over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Spoon warmed sauce over chops. Garnish with orange or clementine segments as desired.
Calories from Fat 68 (24%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.