Lamb Kalamaki with Yogurt
Skewers of aromatic and spicy meat--so delicious, guests will thank you with one in each hand at your next party.
- 3 lbs ground lamb
- 1 lb ground pork fat
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander, ground
- 2 oranges, zested
- 2 Tbs fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbs chile flakes
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- Mix ground lamb, pork fat, onion, coriander, orange zest, mint, chile flakes, and salt together with a paddle attachment on mixer, making sure to keep cold.
- Form into 1-ounce balls, and place on skewers.
- Lightly brush with olive oil, and grill over coals covered with grey ash for 5 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink inside. Top with Greek yogurt.
Calories from Fat 274 (62%)
(47%)Total Fat 31g
(63%)Saturated Fat 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.