Lamb Loin Chops with Potato and Swiss Chard Gratin
Shake off the winter blues with this delightful comfort food.
- 2 5 oz lamb loin chops
- 2 oz olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 4 baking potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1/2 quart heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat cast iron or heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, until hot and barely smoking.
- Brush lamb with oil and minced garlic; season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place in pan; cook for 3 minutes per side or until medium-rare.
- Remove lamb from pan; let sit uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Saute Swiss chard in butter until wilted.
- In a casserole dish, place potatoes in rows until bottom of dish is completely covered.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of cheese, cream, salt, and pepper over the potatoes; making thin layers.
- Spread Swiss chard evenly until covered.
- Repeat layering five more times.
- Cover top layer with rest of cheese; place garlic cloves evenly over the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap, then with foil. Bake at 375F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and cook 20 minutes more until top has browned.
Calories from Fat 287 (62%)
(50%)Total Fat 32g
(74%)Saturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.