Lamb Loin with Eggplant-Orange Puree
You won't be able to turn away from the dinner table that beckons with this beguiling meal.
- 8 sprigs thyme leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (leaves only)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 lamb loins, trimmed of silver skin
- Eggplant-Orange Puree1 eggplant
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 oranges
- 2 Tbs butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp hazelnut or walnut oil
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Garnish 1/2-inch thick orange wedges
- thyme sprigs
- In blender, combine thyme, rosemary, garlic, shallot, parsley, and oil. Puree until smooth and pour into bowl.
- Rub marinade on both sides of lamb loins. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove loins 1 hour before roasting. Remove cover and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add lamb loins and quickly brown on each side. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Place in shallow pan and roast in 375F oven for 15 to 24 minutes or to desired degree of doneness: 145F for medium-rare, 160F for medium, or 170F for well.
- Cover lamb loins and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Eggplant-Orange PureeSlice eggplant in half lengthwise. Brush cut sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in baking pan and roast at 375F for 1 hour; set aside.
- Use a zester to remove orange peel from oranges, set aside. Juice oranges, and in small pan, combine juice and zest. Bring to a boil and simmer to reduce juice by two thirds, let cool.
- Scoop out cooled eggplant. In food processor puree cooked eggplant and butter. Add orange juice, oil, and sugar; process until smooth. Keep warm.
- To serve: Place one quarter of the eggplant puree in center of salad size plate. Slice lamb into 1/2-inch-thick slices and arrange on puree. Garnish with orange wedges and sprigs of thyme.
Calories from Fat 200 (60%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(38%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.