Lamb Lollipops with Festive Sauces
Two savory sauces, served alongside lamb lollipops, will impress guests at your next party.
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 lamb racks, frenched
- Minted Tomato Sauce1 clove garlic, crushed with a little salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 1/2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 3 tomatoes, crushed
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs mint, chopped
- Combine mustard, balsamic vinegar, oil, rosemary, garlic, and salt.
- Place the lamb in a roasting or sheet pan with the ribs curving down; coat the tops with the mustard mixture.
- Allow to stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Roast the lamb at 450F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to sit for 15 minutes
- Cut into individual ribs; serve with Minted Tomato Sauce (recipe follows) and prepared pesto sauce.
- Minted Tomato SauceIn a food processor, combine garlic, water, oil, oregano, red wine vinegar, tomatoes, lemon juice, and mint; blend for 1 minute.
Calories from Fat 171 (54%)
(30%)Total Fat 19g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.