Serve at your next pizza night for something different--chunks of lamb mingle with creamy goat cheese and peppery arugula.
- 1 lb pre-made whole grain pizza dough, thawed
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 med shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 3/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups arugula (about 2 ounces)
- Brush rimmed baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil. Using your hands, spread dough over entire length of baking sheet, pushing dough to edge (or roll out on floured surface and transfer to pan). Bake for 5 minutes at 450ºF. Remove from oven; set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add lamb, shallot, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook until lamb is completely browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush partially baked crust with 1 teaspoon oil. Evenly distribute cooked lamb mixture and pepperoncini; top with crumbled goat cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, until cheese looks slightly melted and edges of crust are golden brown.
- Toss arugula with remaining 1 teaspoon oil; set aside. Remove pizza from oven and top with dressed arugula.
Calories from Fat 295 (55%)
(50%)Total Fat 33g
(72%)Saturated Fat 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.