Lamb Ravioli with Hazelnut & Mascarpone
Lamb and hazelnut ravioli drizzled with an apple cider-ginger reduction pays homage to the flavors of autumn.
- Ravioli Filling1 pound ground lamb, lean
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts, skinned and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp shallots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 eggs, separated
- semonlina pasta sheets, as needed to make 24 ravioli
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Apple Cider-Ginger Reduction2 cups apple cider
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, chopped
- pinch salt
- RavioliIn a food processor, combine lamb, cheeses, hazelnuts, basil, shallots, garlic, egg yolks, salt and pepper. Blend until a doughy consistency is reached.
- Portion out 24 balls. Cut pasta into 48 portions. Brush egg white onto edges of each pasta sheet, place lamb mixture in center, cover with a second pasta sheet, and crimp with fork to create ravioli shape.
- Bring a 6-quart pot filled with 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Reduce to a gentle boil and add ravioli in batches. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Finish with a drizzle of Apple Cider-Ginger Reduction.
- Apple Cider-Ginger Reduction In a saucepan, combine cider, ginger and salt. Simmer over low heat. Reduce sauce to a syrup consistency.
Calories from Fat 69 (57%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.