Layered Rice Pesto and Pepper Bake
Try this unusual presentation of creamy cheeses, red pepper, rice, and pesto layered into a savory casserole.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 ¾ cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto sauce; divided
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 10 oz roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine rice, 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spray a 7-inch diameter souffle ½ dish or springform pan with nonstick vegetable spray. Place 1/2 of rice mixture in bottom of prepared dish; pat down well. Spread 1/2 of pesto evenly over rice and sprinkle with 1/2 of goat cheese. Layer 1/2 of red peppers over goat cheese. Repeat above layers. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over top. Bake 12 to 15 minutes in preheated oven. Cut into wedges to serve.
Calories from Fat 204 (52%)
(35%)Total Fat 23g
(52%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 27g
(10%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.