Lemon Butter Barramundi
Homemade lemon butter and fresh basil melt into the fish with flavorful results.
- 4 barramundi fillets (skin on or off)
- 2 Tbs salted butter
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 leaves fresh basil, minced (or 3/4 tsp dry)
- FishRinse fillets and pat dry with paper towel. Spray fillets with canola or olive oil. Saute the fillets on high heat for 3 minutes (skin side up). Flip and cook 1 more minute. Transfer to serving dish.
- SauceGently saute the garlic in butter for about 2 minutes. Stir in salt, lemon juice and basil. Remove from heat and spoon over fillets immediately before serving.
- Serve on a bed of lightly steamed young green beans and add chopped, fresh tomatoes for color.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 74 (41%)
(13%)Total Fat 8g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.