Lemon Linguine with Shrimp and Spinach
Lemony shrimp and fresh spinach create a lovely pasta dish. Great for company or for everyday meals.
- 12 oz linguine, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 scallions, green parts included, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, shells and tails removed
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain.
- Wash spinach thoroughly and remove stems. Chop into 2-inch (5cm) pieces or, if the leaves are fairly small, leave them whole.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch (30cm) skillet. Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallions. Stir fry for 3 minutes, until the shrimp are pink.
- Add lemon juice, wine, lemon zest, tabasco sauce and tomato paste. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Add spinach leaves.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-5 minutes more, just until the spinach leaves wilt and a sauce develops from the cooking spinach and the shrimp.
- Transfer pasta into the skillet and toss to combine.
Calories from Fat 22 (7%)
(4%)Total Fat 2g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.