Lemon Shrimp and Spinach
A lovely variation on the classic scampi preparation of shrimp.
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb spinach leaves, fresh
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Rinse shrimp well.
- Wash spinach leaves and chop into 3 inch (8cm) pieces.
- Heat oil in a nontick skillet. Add garlic cloves and saute for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomato and shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, just until shrimp are pink.
- Pour in lemon juice and lemon zest, and add spinach leaves. Season with salt and pepper and cook, uncovered, over medium heat until spinach leaves are wilted.
- Serve over white or brown rice.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Calories from Fat 82 (37%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.