Lemon Velvet Chicken Rice Soup
With canned stock and pre-cooked chicken, this smooth and creamy soup whips up fast and tasty.
- 4 14-1/2-ounce cans roasted garlic chicken broth, divided
- 2 large lemons
- 3 cups cooked rice, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 6-ounce packages precooked, grilled chicken strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- chives, for garnish
- lemon peel, for garnish
- Heat broth, reserving 1/4 cup, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, zest lemon peel; set aside. Juice lemons; set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, heavy cream and remaining 1/4 cup broth; process until smooth. Add rice mixture, remaining cooked rice, lemon juice and chicken strips to broth. Simmer 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through. Add chopped chives; cook 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon peel and chives, if desired.
Calories from Fat 63 (27%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(31%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 56g
(1%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.