Lentil and Sausage Soup
One of the best lentil soups you'll ever taste! Prepare in a crockpot or simmer over the stove. Can be made without the sausage for a vegetarian version.
- 1 cup lentils, uncooked
- 1/2 lb turkey kielbasa sausage, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 2 Tbs parsley
- 6 cups beef broth, (canned or made with bouillion) (1.5L)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Wash and drain lentils. Spray a large pot with vegetable oil spray and brown sausage.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Note: If using a crockpot, place all raw ingredients in the pot and simmer all day, stirring occasionally.
Calories from Fat 18 (10%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 25g
(35%)Dietary Fiber 9g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.