Little Red and Green Appetizers
Smoked salmon sits atop red potatoes and crisp cucumbers in this holiday appetizer.
- 2/3 lb small red potatoes, uniform in size
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 oz smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 12 slices English cucumber
- Chives, minced (garnish)
- Dill weed (garnish)
- Capers, drained (garnish)
- Halve potatoes; cut and discard a very thin slice from skin side of each half.
- In 2-quart saucepan, cover potatoes with water; add salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat. Cover and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on size of potatoes. Drain; cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile in small bowl, mix cream cheese, salmon, lemon juice, and pepper to blend thoroughly. With small spoon mound salmon mixture onto potato halves and cucumber slices, dividing equally (1 to 1 1/2 tsp each).
- Arrange on serving plate and add your choice of garnishes.
Calories from Fat 26 (42%)
(4%)Total Fat 3g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.