Loin Chops with Lemon Honey Thyme Marinade
Marinating these cuts overnight will result in more tender and flavorful chops.
- 4 American lamb chops (loin, rib, sirloin or shoulder)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, lemon juice, olive oil, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper flakes. Over medium heat, bring to a slight simmer; remove from heat immediately. Cool. Set aside 1/4 of the marinade for later use.
- Pierce lamb chops with a fork several times on all sides. Place chops in a plastic food storage bag; coat with marinade. Marinate at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove chops, discarding remaining marinade.
- Cook times will vary depending on thickness of chops. For 1-inch chops, broil or grill chops over medium heat for approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Or, pan-fry chops then transfer to a baking sheet; finish cooking at 400F until desired doneness. Brush with warmed reserved marinade before serving.
Calories from Fat 266 (56%)
(46%)Total Fat 30g
(44%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.