Macedonian Lamb and Chickpeas
Grilled lamb, olives, and Serrano peppers combine to create a bold, savory dish.
- 2 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas, drained, rinsed and warmed
- 1 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 1 cup diced, seeded tomatoes (1/2-inch dice)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs minced serrano peppers
- 1 lb boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of all visible fat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 3/4-inch thick discs
- 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- Combine chickpeas, olives, tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley and peppers in large mixing bowl. Set aside. Toss lamb with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Thread onto skewers and grill over medium-high heat for 7 to 9 minutes until cooked to medium, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- While lamb is cooking, brush eggplant with remaining oil and season with remaining salt. Grill over medium-high heat for 2 to 4 minutes on each side until tender. Transfer cooked eggplant to a clean cutting board and dice into 1/2-inch pieces. Add to chickpea mixture.
Calories from Fat 254 (47%)
(44%)Total Fat 29g
(43%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(50%)Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.