Mandarin Orange Rice and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Make these sweet appetizers by infusing the rice with juice from the mandarins.
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (for stir fry)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup jasmine or long grain white rice
- 2 Tbs bottled Thai sweet chili sauce plus additional for topping
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 whole large leaves, bibb or iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup matchstick cut or shredded carrots
- Combine reserved mandarin orange juice with enough water to equal 2 cups liquid. Bring juice mixture, 1 teaspoon oil and salt to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in rice; cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir mandarin oranges and sweet chili sauce into cooked rice. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and saute just until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Arrange lettuce leaves on large platter. Spoon rice mixture into center of each lettuce leaf. Top with carrots and shrimp. Drizzle additional sauce on top.
Calories from Fat 49 (19%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 33g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.