Mediterranean Beef Steak Sandwiches
These hearty steak pitas embrace the flavors of feta cheese and kalamata olives.
- Steaks:2 beef ribeye steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 4 pita breads, warmed
- 2 Tbs crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbs chopped Kalamata or ripe olives
- Seasoning:1- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef steaks.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Carve steaks; place on top of pitas. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman's Beef Association
Calories from Fat 85 (33%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.