Mediterranean Shrimp Scampi
Frozen shrimp and canned artichoke hearts make this a quick and flavorful meal.
- 1- 16 ounces package shrimp scampi (frozen)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 14-oz can of quartered artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp capers
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tbs)
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta (may substitute rice)
- Heat large 12' skillet for 1 minute on medium high heat. Add shrimp and zucchini saute for 8 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, capers and lemon juice and stir. Continue sauteing for 3-5 minutes (or until shrimp is fully cooked) stirring periodically. Serve over orzo pasta.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Serving Suggestion: This shrimp dish will take you on a gastronomic vacation to warmer climates. Serve with a Caesar salad and some bruschetta for an enjoyable seafood dinner.
Calories from Fat 48 (9%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 76g
(43%)Dietary Fiber 11g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.