Mediterranean Stuffed Pork Loin
Feta cheese, artichokes and tomatoes create a luscious filling for this pork loin, while a balsamic vinegar sauce adds subtle sweetness.
- 2 3/4 lbs boneless pork loin roast, butterflied and pounded to 1-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups sliced olives
- 4 oz feta cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 1 cup (4 oz.) canned quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2/3 cup (4 oz.) chopped sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbs chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- Place pork loin on a clean surface, cut side facing up. Mound 1 cup of olives, feta cheese, artichoke hearts, and sundried tomatoes in a line down the center of the loin. Roll pork loin around the fillings to enclose and tie with butcher string at 1-inch intervals to secure shut. Season the outside of pork loin roast with garlic, 1 tablespoon of rosemary, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large roasting pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Place pork loin in pan and brown on all sides for 2-3 minutes. Transfer roasting pan from stovetop to a 400 degree oven and roast loin for 20 minutes. Flip over and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until internal temperature reads 150 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Remove roasted pork loin from oven, transfer to a clean cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Return roasting pan to stovetop and stir in balsamic vinegar, chicken broth and remaining rosemary. Simmer over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and remaining olives.
- Slice pork loin into 1/2-inch thick pieces, remove butcher string and drizzle with sauce just before serving.
Calories from Fat 270 (51%)
(47%)Total Fat 31g
(55%)Saturated Fat 11g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.