Mesquite Smoked American Lamb Chops with Garden Tomato, Rustic Panzanella Bread, and Basil Leaf Salad
An Italian bread salad, also known as panzanella, is a rustic side dish alongside these smoky lamb chops.
- 1 rack lamb chops, sliced into single bone chops and cut 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup Mesquite wood chips
- Salad2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/3 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, cut into julienne strips
- 2 cups 1/2-inch bread cubes, toasted (use coarse-textured, chewy bread, such as Italian hearth-baked bread
- Lamb ChopsCombine olive oil, vinegar, pepper and salt; dip lamb chops in oil mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad.
- Soak mesquite chips in cold water while preparing coals (at least 10 minutes). Sprinkle mesquite chips over hot coals; cover grill and cook 5 to 10 minutes, turning once, to desired degree of doneness. Use meat thermometer to test for doneness; medium-rare 145 F, medium 160 F, or well-done 170 F.
- SaladCombine olive oil, vinegar, pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Toss in green and red peppers, cucumber and red onion. Refrigerate until serving; just before serving, gently toss in tomato wedges, bread cubes and basil leaves.
Calories from Fat 140 (59%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.