Mexican Mahi Salad
The slightly sweet, buttery taste of Mahi Mahi balances nicely with Mexican spices in this refreshing seafood salad.
- 1 1/2 Tbs pureed chipotle peppers in adobo
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 4 (5 oz.) boneless, skinless mahi mahi fillets
- 1 quart shredded Napa or Savoy cabbage
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- salt to taste
- Whisk together chipotle puree and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place mahi mahi fillets in bowl and coat with chili puree. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cabbage, beans, olives, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and green onion. Pour in lime juice and remaining olive oil, season with salt to taste and toss to coat. Set aside. Preheat grill to medium-high. Cook mahi fillets for approximately 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve each on top of a mound of cabbage slaw.
Calories from Fat 188 (48%)
(34%)Total Fat 22g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.