Portabella mushooms and ginger are the surprising ingredients in these flaky wraps that pack a wallop of flavor.
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt-free steak seasoning salt, to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, sliced (or 8 ounces white button mushrooms)
- Brush portabella strips with olive oil and sprinkle with steak seasoning and salt, to taste.
- If GrillingPreheat grill. Once grill is hot, cook portabella strips until deep brown, about 10 minutes. Turn and grill until golden, another 6 to 8 minutes.
- If SauteingHeat olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Flip mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes more, until other side is same color.
- While mushrooms are cooking, warm tortillas on the grill in foil or lightly grill for just 20 seconds. If you are cooking inside, warm wraps in a dry skillet. Stir mayonnaise and ginger together and divide among tortillas, spreading to cover; top with spinach and tomato slices. When mushrooms are done, slice in to thin strips and sprinkle with more steak seasoning, if desired. Place mushrooms on tortillas and roll into a wrap.
Calories from Fat 257 (67%)
(44%)Total Fat 28g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.