Moist Banana Cake
A delicious way to use those overripe bananas!
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, medium, very ripe, pureed
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 Tbs rum, or 1 tsp (5mL) rum extract
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached flour, white
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbs powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Spray a 9-inch (20cm) springform pan with vegetable oil spay.
- Using an electric mixer, cream margarine and sugar on high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until smooth. Mix in banana puree, sour cream, rum and vanilla extract on medium speed. In a small bowl, stir flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture and blend just until smooth.
- Pour batter into springform pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Let cake cool for about 10 minutes and remove sides from spring form pan. Sprinkle powered sugar over cake before serving.
Calories from Fat 84 (33%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.