Mom's Old Fashioned Potato Salad
For your next picnic, bring this traditional favorite and watch it disappear.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 4-6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pickle relish, dill or sweet
- 1 Tbs prepared mustard
- 1-2 Tbs dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place potatoes and eggs in a large bowl, reserve 1/2 cup of eggs for garnish, if desired. In a separate small bowl combine mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, onion, salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to potatoes and eggs and stir to mix. Garnish with reserved hard-cooked eggs or pickle slices.
Calories from Fat 96 (47%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.