Moroccan Chicken Soup
A blend of the exotic smells and flavors of Moroccan cuisine. Serve with pita or flat bread.
- 18 oz boned and skinned chicken breasts, (3 breast halves) cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 1 Tbs olive oil, (15mL)
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tbs cumin
- 1/2 Tbs ginger
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced into half moon shapes
- 1/2 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups garbanzo beans, canned, (one 16-ounce can), rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs Cilantro, chopped
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, saute chicken pieces in oil over medium heat until pinkness is gone and chicken is opaque.
- Add onion to chicken, saute for 1- 2 minutes.
- Add cumin, ginger, paprika, cayenne and pepper to chicken.
- Pour in broth, cover and bring to a boil for one minute. Add zucchini, couscous and garbanzo beans to pot, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fresh cilantro to soup.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories from Fat 60 (20%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.