Moroccan Lamb Cocktail Meatballs
This Moroccan meatball will charm you away from the Italian meatball.
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp instant chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup dry couscous
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 12 oz jar of beef gravy
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup fat-free beef broth
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine boiling water, chicken granules, onion salt, and pepper.
- Stir in couscous; cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in lamb and egg; mix well. Form into 3/4 to 1-inch meatballs; place in baking pans.
- Bake in 350ºF oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Drain, keep warm.
- In small saucepan, combine gravy, apricots, preserves, broth, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over meatballs, toss to coat.
Calories from Fat 93 (48%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.