Nondairy Hot Cocoa
A winter favorite for all. Dairy-free and indulgent. Great for breakfast, before bed or during an afternoon snowstorm. Cuddle up with a cup.
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 Tbs organic sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- dash salt
- 3 cups enriched organic soy drink
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Blend water, sugar, cocoa and salt in a 1 1/2-quart (1.4L) saucepan. Gradually bring to a boil. Stir until sugar and cocoa are completely dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Add soy drink and vanilla. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Remove from heat and serve.
Calories from Fat 26 (21%)
(5%)Total Fat 4g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(16%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.