Greek-style yogurt, feta cheese, and olive tapenade bring a Mediterranean flair to this scrumptious burger.
- 1 lb ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/4 cup low-fat or regular plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive tapenade, divided
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns, split, toasted
- fresh spinach leaves
- Combine yogurt and 1/4 cup tapenade in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine ground beef and remaining 1/4 cup tapenade in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat until hot. Place patties in pan; cook 10 to 12 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160F, turning occasionally. Season with pepper, as desired. Remove; keep warm.
- Add onion and zucchini to grill pan over medium heat; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Place 1 tablespoon cheese on bottom of each bun; top evenly with spinach leaves, onion, burger and zucchini. Spread 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture on cut side of each bun top. Close sandwiches.
Calories from Fat 169 (42%)
(29%)Total Fat 19g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 30g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.