On the Border Shrimp Salad
This colorful shrimp, black bean, and corn salad looks like delicious confetti on the plate. Perfect for potlucks and barbecues.
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8 3/4-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- sliced avocado, garnish
- Red Wine Dressing1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients, except avocado and dressing; refrigerate for one hour. Serve with Red Wine Vinegar Dressing. Garnish with avocado slices.
- Red Wine DressingIn a small bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Pour over shrimp mixture.
- Yield: 1/2 cup.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Nutrition Note: Get your healthy dose of omega-3 fats in this light & delicious recipe.
Calories from Fat 210 (43%)
(37%)Total Fat 24g
(19%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrate 39g
(52%)Dietary Fiber 13g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.