Onion-and-Cherry-Glazed Pork Chops
Dried cherries add a dose of antioxidants and a touch of sweet to this tangy recipe.
- 4 pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 tsp garlic-pepper blend seasoning
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 small onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, sweetened
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Season chops with garlic-pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute chops for 8 to 10 minutes or until nicely browned, turning once. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Cook onions in remaining oil in same skillet, covered, over medium-low heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until onions are very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, stir together cornstarch, water, cherries and vinegar; add to skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thickened. Add pork chops to skillet; heat through, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 F.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and a peppered coleslaw.
Calories from Fat 73 (36%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(6%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.