Pan Seared Tilapia with Tomato Caper Sauce
Tilapia is a sweet and fine-textured fish that easily absorbs the flavors of the tomato caper sauce.
- 4 5-7 oz. fresh tilapia fillets
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbls. capers, drained
- 2 1/2 Tbls. butter
- 1 1/2 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbls. lemon juice
- Seed and dice the tomatoes.
- In a hot frying pan, heat 1/2 Tbls. of the butter. Add the diced tomatoes, capers, Worchestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook on low heat quickly for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 Tbls. of butter and set aside.
- Salt and pepper the fillets. Heat a frying pan; then add the oil. When oil is hot, add the fillets and brown on both sides, turning only once. This will take about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and spoon the tomato sauce over the fillets.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 150 (49%)
(26%)Total Fat 17g
(32%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.