Tuna, green beans and black olives (the key ingredients in a Nicoise salad) team up in this new twist on a perennial favorite.
- 1/4 lb fresh green beans, sliced diagonally into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces and lightly steamed
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 Tbs capers (optional)
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs fresh oregano, minced
- 2 6 1/2-ounce (185g) cans water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 lb rotini (corkscrew pasta)
- Combine green beans, olives, onion, parsley, capers and tomatoes in a large bowl. Combine garlic, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and oregano in a small jar and shake well. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss well. Let marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Cook rotini according to package directions. Rinse and drain well. Toss warm pasta with tuna and marinated vegetables. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 62 (17%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 63g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US-registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.